Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Interview with the beautiful and talented Rachel

.Thanks the first time I meet Rachel all I can't think is this girl is my type of girl just honest and upfront. I love her personality and her style. Because of her a dream of mine come true and I will always be grateful to her for that. I have been planting seeds for sometime and to see them manifest means so much to be. it give me hope in what I am doing as a photographer. I hope you enjoy this as much as I have. 




 when did you start modeling? and how did it happen for you? 

Well when I was 19 my friend was doing a project for his college class and needed girls to shoot for this, and he had said that he thought I looked perfect for this. I agreed to what he had wanted to do and the pictures turned out amazingly and actually ended up leading to more shoots!
2. what are some likes and dislike you have with this industry ? 

I really love the fact that I get to play different characters and get to be 23 and play dress up still. What I dislike is the fact that some of the poses I have to hold hurts my back! Must be getting old haha
2. what do you think of the Western Ny market in this business? do you think it is a growing thing? 

I really do think that this is a growing industry in buffalo because more and more I am seeing girls getting into it, which I think is great because there are so many beautiful girls and so many talented models that need that chance to make it big someday.

4. You Don't look like the average model you see on a glamour or vogue magazine. so for the young person who want to model but are not familiar with the other magazines out there what do you tell them? 
There are SO many different types of modeling that you can get into, and so many different types of magazines that look for so many types of girls, and don’t ever be discouraged that you can’t make it big if you really want to chase your dreams, there will be something out there for you. I specialize in pin up and alt modeling and have been published without even having the intention of shooting for those magazines! So believe me it happens ladies!!
5. What is your favorite type of modeling? 
I love doing pin up modeling, I love the whole 1940’s look and the clothing I get to wear as well as the hair styles, but I also love alt modeling, I love the dark edgy stuff and being able to play the bad ass chick and getting the dark make up done.
6. if someone asked you should I market myself or just an agency what would you tell them? 
I would tell them both are good routes to go, but I would say promoting yourself is probably the best way to go. You go a lot further and you also can control the shoots you do to best fit your comfort level as well as you don’t have to split any costs with anyone.
7. Anything else you would like to share please do. 
You were the first female photographer I have ever worked with and you have literally made my pictures look absolutely stunning, working with you I have had some of my best sides brought out and have been nothing less than 110% satisfied and I know you’re going to g far, and will help a lot of people go far in this industry!











Ways to Connect with Rachel 
www.facebook.com/u8atqgnr
www.modelmayhem.com/2431766

No comments:

Post a Comment