Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Sarah Clark Designs Model By Rachel.


I had the opportunity to watch her line go down a runway  a couple of weekend ago. Then I was blessed to have the opportunity to work with the talented Rachel V. Who Model some of Sarah Clark designs.  The clothing line you see is from her  Senior Collection at Villa Maria college she was inspired By Red Riding Hood and Altervative Fashion. Here is a few things I wanted to  share with you about the talented Sarah Clark and I hope she inspire  you to follow your dreams. 


1. Cynthia:what inspired you about became a designer and what was it about Red Riding Hood? 
Sarah:i wanted to  start sewing after years of watching my mom make my halloween costumes when i was a kid. i started by taking apart or altering my own clothing, and eventually teaching myself how to sew on a machine. red riding hood has always been my favorite story and i wanted to show that not all fairy tales are long ball gowns and lace.

2. Cynthia:What is your goals as a designer finishing college and going out into the world?
Sarah:  i like making people happy, so i want to do that through my designs. i'd like to do custom work for people and start my own website. i also like "themed" designs, so in the future i might take on other ideas with the same rocker style.

3.Cynthia:Are there any other project you are currently working on?
Sarah:i don't have any major projects as far as complete collections are concerned, but i'm working on a hand-embroidered western style shirt for my boyfriend for christmas, and just some simple stretch-knit skirts and dresses. i'm thinking about doing some accessories as well.

4. Cynthia: what would you say to the person who want to go to college But has fears?
Sarah: college is a lot of work, money, and headaches. but i wouldn't be where i am today without it. if you are passionate about something enough to earn a degree in that field, i say go for it. 

5.Cynthia: What is one of your favorite Piece you have ever designer?
Sarah: my favorite piece from my senior collection is a tie between the leather "what big teeth you have" wolf vest, and the black leather biker jacket that has spiked elbow pads. they're both pretty badass, if you ask me.

6 . Cynthia:What can you share with me about Alternative fashion?
Sarah:it's not a very mainstream market, so i find it more fun making "alternative" or "rock" inspired garments. plus, who doesn't love spikes, studs, chains, and leather?

7. Cynthia:Your designer are awesome and please don't hesitate to contact me if you ever want to collaborate.
Sarah: thank you! that would be awesome.

I appreciate you taking the time Sarah to  do this you have truly inspired me to continue to grow as a photographer and an artist. I wish you all  the Success  you  can handle and more. It people like your self that gives hope to generation to come to follow there dreams and to work hard. Not to be affraid to step out and do something different.





No comments:

Post a Comment